Sunday, October 16, 2011

Test Printing: 1, 2, 3, and 4!

With Komikon only a little more than a month away, I decided to try and print a few pages early just to see how I’ll go about screen toning the pages for the actual indie. I used Azorite’s panel from page 19 of the webcomic for my test:

karma: chapter 2 - test print of azorite

…well, you can’t really see the differences with my camera phone, but the first two were bitmaps using different frequencies (70 and 90 at 300dpi); the third one was done using the halftone filter in photoshop; and the last is the regular gray tones I used for the webcomic version.

Strangely enough the halftone filter works best for this print size, and I’m surprised that the font was just the right size! All I need to do now is to arrange the pages and Karma: Chapter 2 should be ready for the xerox machines! xD

Funny thing though, just when I began printing these last night, my printer decided to die on me. I spent the entire night trying to fix it, and finally had to go to the repair shop this morning. I’ve slept a total of 3 hours in the last 48 hours and spent P600 on printer repair, but seeing this makes me really happy and excited! x3

…now I need to get my lazy self to work on Mist before my deadline kills me. x.x;;;