After I went through my PSD files, however, I realized that I stand corrected:
There were five other attempts making the final one my sixth instead of my fourth! (º_º) How could I have failed myself 5 times and not even remember it?! (＊0＊;)
Oh well, I guess I could just tell you guys more about them since I would probably never finish these…
- Green (right-most) – attempt number 1, which was supposed to be a “mirror” to EL’s illustration. I was going to give Sakura a pair of silver moth wings with similar designs EL’s butterfly wings, but I somehow got bored with this even though the lineart’s almost finished. I think the pose is… awkward? (‘◇’)?
- Pink (middle-top) – attempt number 2, I think I was reading too much Kuroshitsuji then which explains the pose and Victorian-styled clothing. (・_・ヾ Obviously a half-hearted illustration, since I couldn’t get the expression on her face to come out the way I wanted.
- Blue (upper-left) – attempt number 3, and I used a reference photo for this pose. Still not what I was looking for, but the action pose was something I liked, but couldn’t get. (;*´Д`)ﾉ
- Red (middle-bottom) – attempt number 4, I knew I wanted to draw her sword at this point, the pose was ok, and I even started inking. I don’t even remember why I stopped drawing her, because out of the five, I would probably pick this one to finish if I had to. ヽ(ﾟｰﾟ*ヽ) Maybe I can use this for something else one day.
- Purple (bottom-left) – attempt number 5, which was inspired from something I saw in Deviant Art, I think. It was a character that looked like she was falling deeper under water, but after I sketched my attempt, it looked rather depressing. (一。一;;)
There you have it folks! Hope you enjoyed looking at my fails… ψ(｀∇´)ψ I have a lot more in my hard drive and if this is interesting to you, let me know, and I might end up sharing more.